Argus Wedding Packages
Included in your wedding package:
Argus Wedding Venue caters for up to 70 guests , there is no minimum number required.
All pricing listed in the package is inclusive of VAT.
Our pricing structure works as follows:
Venue hire – R12 500.00
Catering – Menu price selected x number of guests
Children under 12 are half price
Deposit – R6000.00 (fully refundable after the wedding less any damages)
Venue Hire Includes:
- Ceremony Area
- Reception Hall
- Table Cloths
- Chair covers
- Punch for Cocktail Hour
- Horse for photos
Venue Hire Excludes:
- Overlays and chair sashes
- Flowers and table decorations
- Drinks (other than complimentary punch)
- Wedding Cake
- Additional Lighting
- Wedding Favours
A meal to remember
Albus Menu – R240.00 Per Person
1 x Starter, 1 x Red Meat Dish, 1 x White Meat Dish, 1 x Veg, 1 x Starch, 1 x Salad, 1 x Dessert and Ice Cream.
Rubeus Menu – R265.00 Per Person
1 x Starter, 1 x Red Meat Dish, 1 x White Meat Dish, 2 x Veg / Salads, 1 x Starch, 2 x Desserts and Ice Cream.
Emeric Menu – R295.00 Per Person
2 x Starters, 2 x Red Meat Dishes, 1 x White Meat Dish, 3 x Veg / Salads, 1 x Starch, 2 x Desserts and Ice Cream.
Seafood – Additional R15.00 per person
Please note the menu’s above do not include seafood, should you wish to include one of our seafood dishes there is a surcharge of R15.00 per person per dish.
- Thai peanut satay chicken salad
- Ginger chicken kofta on bed of noodles with lime and hoisin dressing
- Creamy white wine mussel pot (additional R15 per person)
- Peri Peri chicken livers served with garlic herbed bruschetta
- Smoked trout blini stack
- Rosemary and fig , butternut and caramelised onion ,sundried tomato and ricotta or roasted veg and feta tartlets with a balsamic reduction
- Butternut/spinach and feta panzerotti / ravioli in creamy mushroom sauce
- Calamari pan fried drizzled with a creamy lemon turmeric sauce on bed of spring greens (additional R15 per person)
- Thai butternut soup with croutons and coconut shavings.
- Herbed falafels served on a bed red slaw with humus and tahini and picked red onion
- Bacon and lentil hearty soup with bread sticks
- Smoked chicken salad with sundried tomatoes and parmesan shavings or mango/melon salsa and basil dressing
- Fish cakes on spring salad with a Thai and sweet chilli dressing
- Chicken fillets in a creamy white wine sauce stuffed with:
- Mediterranean -peppers and olives
- spinach and feta
- cranberry and brie
- Basil pesto and ricotta
- Sundried tomato and bacon wrapped.
- Fragrant Thai chicken curry
- Balti butter chicken
- Cape Malay apricot chicken curry
- Moroccan spicy grilled chicken pieces (on bone)
- Roast chicken breast with sage and herb stuffing
- Lemon and herb pan fried chicken breasts and basil mayo
- Slow cooked Beef Bourguignon
- Mississippi pot roast
- Oxtail potjie in red wine
- Beef fillet – mustard /mushroom /caramelised onions or pepper sauce
- Deconstructed Beef Guinness pie
- Roast beef with trinchado sauce(red wine, herb and garlic sauce)
- Deboned leg of lamb minted marinade
- Moroccan lamb tagine with dates and apricots
- Lemon and rosemary tray baked lamb
- Slow cooked lamb potjie
- Roast Gammon with a honey glaze
- Roast pork leg with apple cinnamon sauce
- Mustard pulled pork with a ginger and pineapple relish
- Asian spiced Roast pork served with plum sauce
- Cape Malay chicken curry
- Rogan gosh mutton curry
- Balti butter chicken
- Thai red /green fragrant chicken curry
- Chicken korma
- Chicken and prawn curry (additional R15 per person)
- Durban curry -beef
- Fish curry
- Lentil Babotie
- Coconut Chickpea and butternut curry
- Ricotta and spinach ravioli with a roasted tomato sauce and parmesan
- Butternut and feta lasagne
- Vegetable biriyani with cumin dhal and roti’s
- Creamy Tuscan peppers penne pasta
- Creamy potato bake /optional caramelised onions
- Potato herbed wedges
- Garlic and parsley baby potatoes
- Creamy mustard mash
- Crispy hasselback potatoes
- Smashed herbed baked potatoes
- Baby potatoes basil and bacon bits
- Herbed savoury rice
- Steamed basmati
- Jasmin rice topped parsley and almonds
- Pap and chakalaka
- Spicy fried rice
- Mediterranean roast veg
- Broccoli and cauliflower bake
- Honey and sesame roasted butternut
- Roasted Butternut and sweet potato
- Butternut and onion butter mash
- Sautéed green beans in lemon herb butter
- Pan fried spicy sweetcorn
- Minted peas
- Orange glazed carrots
- Curried lentils
- Couscous herbs and dates
- spinach roasted butternut and peach salad
- spring salad with roasted pear and red onion
- Crunchy Greek salad
- Basil pesto pepper salad
- Caesar salad with bacon and croutons
- Cumin Chickpea and peppers
- Curried 3 bean salad
- Asian coleslaw
- Rocket, beetroot, butternut and feta salad
- Pasta pesto salad
- Roasted Sweet potato and dates on a bed of spinach
- Broccoli apple and seed salad
- Baked New York cheese cake
- Lemon cheesecake with a ginger base
- Malva pudding and custard
- Mozart cake
- Mini carrot and pineapple cakes with seeds and cream cheese icing
- Crème brulee
- Chocolate mousse with a berry coulis
- Decadent chocolate brownies and ice cream
- Peppermint tart
- Salted caramel pear tart
- Fruit salad and Ice Cream
- Assorted mini tartlets -pecan/apple/milk tart/custard ream.
- Deconstructed pavlova cream and cheese cake filling with berry drizzle
- Donut wall
- Roasted tomato and red pepper soup with pesto and breads
- Buffalo cauliflower bites and potato wedges
- Thai butternut soup and croutons
- Bean and chickpea salad with beetroot humus and cashew nuts
- Thai veg spring rolls and satay sauce
- Farfelle pasta peppers olives and basil pesto
- Vietnamese spring rolls and satay dipping sauce
- Sweetcorn and Zucchini fritters with a butternut hummus
- Vegan blini avo and beetroot hummus
- Lentil hot pots
- Falafels, slaw, and hummus on rotis
- Chickpea Coconut curry
- Roasted veg on pitas and guacamole
- Vegan Ramen Noodles
- Veg biriyani with a spicy dhal
- Vegan Fajitas (stir fry veg on tortillas with Tahini Sauce)
- Ratatouille on herbed couscous
- Vegan Shepard’s pie
- Chickpea and butternut burgers
- Lentil and chickpea loaf
- Sweet potato buddha bowl
- Bean tacos with salsa and guacamole
- Vegan mac and cheese (Almond milk and nut)
- Vegan Tiramisu
- Salted caramel tart
- Vegan brownies
- Vegan peanut butter tarts
- Vegan pecan pies
- Vegan sticky date pudding
- Crème caramel flan toasted almonds
- Apple cobbler and berry sauce
Argus Reception Venue caters for a maximum of 70 guests.
Please note that upon cancellation or postponement of your wedding, you will forfeit the deposit fee. Notification of cancellation or postponement must be made in writing as soon as possible.
The venue hire stated above is for 8 hours, should you wish to extend your wedding a surcharge of R1000.00 per hour applies.
Ollivanders Estate is in an environmentally sensitive area, and it is imperative that music be switched off at midnight.
A surcharge of R1000 per hour, or part thereof will be charged for guests remaining in the venue or on the deck after midnight.
We welcome families with children, and offer babysitting services at R80.00 per hour.
Please advise us well in advance in order to make the necessary arrangements.
Please note that children are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and not the responsibility of Ollivanders Estate or its staff. They are to be supervised at all times. Please bear in mind that we have a swimming pool and pond on the property and accept no responsibility for any accidents due to unforeseen circumstances.
Payment may be made by means of cash or EFT prior to the function date. Unfortunately we do not accept cheques.
EFT details are noted on the booking form.
Gratuities are discretionary, but we request that should you wish to leave a gratuity, that it be handed to management to be split between all relevant staff.
A deposit amount of R6000.00 shall be paid to confirm the booking.
This deposit will be refunded within 5 working days after the wedding less any costs which may have been incurred as a result of:
• Venue hire after midnight (at R1000.00 per hour)
• Non-payment of any accommodation of guests staying in the guesthouse.
Please note the bride and groom are responsible for the guests attending the wedding.
Payment of this deposit secures your booking and wedding date. Please send your proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEPOSIT: R6000.00 (refundable less expenses after wedding)
TWO MONTHS PRIOR TO WEDDING: 50% of total cost to be paid
TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO WEDDING: balance of payment to be made
Please contact us for our guesthouse catalogue and pricing.
A minimum 2 night stay is required over the weekends (Friday – Sunday).
*Please note there will be no switching of rooms allowed. The cottage you are booked into will be the cottage you stay in throughout your stay with us at Ollivanders Estate. This is to prevent any confusion created by mixing of rooms.
Check In & Check Out:
Check in is from 14h00. If an early check in is requested, please arrange with Management. Check out is at 10h00 on the day of departure.
All accommodation payments must be made in full one week prior to guests arrival.
Please ensure that cottage keys are left in the cottage door prior to departure.
It is our aim to ensure that every wedding is perfect in every way. Please help us to ensure that there are no misunderstandings or miscommunication by corresponding with us via email. In this way we can keep an accurate record of your special requests and ensure that we are able to provide everything as discussed beforehand. Any decisions made telephonically must be confirmed over email.
Photographers, bridal couples and guests are welcome to take photos anywhere on the estate. Please note that any photographs taken on the estate may be used by Ollivanders for advertising purposes with credit given to the relevant photographer or vendor.